logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] construction as industry?

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Sat Feb 4 17:02:42 GMT 2017

Hi

I just realised that in the default polygon style  construction, whether its
residential or industrial , is always defined as industrial 0x0c.

I understand the' logic' , in that there are many 'mobile' industries
constructing residential or industrial buildings.

In my city there are numerous large construction sites, all of them
constructing residential housing.
If I were unknown to the city and plan a route through an industrial area I
would expect to find  the following  :

a) industrial blocks / units / working businesses
b) roads entering and crossing industrial areas  safe from
barriers,fencing,cones,mud-sweepers,grumpiness or foremen etc

Personally I would provide a separate polygon , ie 0x27 perhaps

Just a thought.

Nick