logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Limit I don't understand in subDiv split filters

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 27 07:08:15 GMT 2017

Hi Ticker,

I think many limits in mkgmap are based on findings in Garmin maps existing before 2010. Feel free
to play with them. I think I once tried 0xffff for these values and got problems, so I stopped investigating.
You might be right that the value should depend on the resolution.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2017 22:26:03
An: mkgmap development
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Limit I don't understand in subDiv split filters

Hi Gerd

LineSizeSplitterFilter and PolygonSubdivSizeSplitterFilter both contain
the logic:

public static final int MAX_SIZE = 0x7fff;
maxSize = Math.min((1<<24)-1, Math.max(MAX_SIZE << shift, 0x8000));

and then maxSize is used to limit the standard Area bounds of the item.

Won't this will cause unnecessary cutting at low res map levels?

Ticker