logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI indexing, problem with label 0x2800

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 20 13:50:59 GMT 2017

I dont like the idea to remove pois 0x28xx from the index, I use them for many items which are searchable! Better make an custom option where you can switch indexing on/off.

________________________________
From: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> on behalf of Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:05:47 PM
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] POI indexing, problem with label 0x2800

Hi,

POI types 0x28xx are usually treated as labels, there is no icon for
these POIs, only label text. CGPSMapper doc describe these POI as
"Region name".

I'd like to use these POI for house numbers. Problem is, that mkgmap
indexes labels! It results in big increment of img files and index file.
I doubt these objects are searchable, probably all this indexing is only
a waste of space.

I have found code in MdrUtils.java, which adds labels to index. I think
this can be removed. And maybe you can add POIs in range 0x64xx -
0x66xx, they probably are searchable.

There is an increase in LBL subfile, I haven't found code responsible
for this. There seems to be a section LBL5 called "POI index", maybe
labels goes there too?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej