logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI indexing, problem with label 0x2800

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Jan 19 17:05:47 GMT 2017

Hi,

POI types 0x28xx are usually treated as labels, there is no icon for
these POIs, only label text. CGPSMapper doc describe these POI as
"Region name".

I'd like to use these POI for house numbers. Problem is, that mkgmap
indexes labels! It results in big increment of img files and index file.
I doubt these objects are searchable, probably all this indexing is only
a waste of space.

I have found code in MdrUtils.java, which adds labels to index. I think
this can be removed. And maybe you can add POIs in range 0x64xx -
0x66xx, they probably are searchable.

There is an increase in LBL subfile, I haven't found code responsible
for this. There seems to be a section LBL5 called "POI index", maybe
labels goes there too?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej