logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] "Area too small to split at " ... followed by "Too many POIs at location " error message

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Jan 17 16:25:00 GMT 2017

Hi Gerd

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I think the solution needs to be along the lines of the way
largeObjectArea creates addition subdivisions, but with changed rules,
and replacing largeObjectArea and !useNormalSplit logic. Is there an
existing problem with largeObjectArea?

Some thoughts on how it might work:
1/ much more accurate MapArea.getEstimatedSizes, that takes into
account zoom dependent filtering as best as is feasible.
2/ MapSplitter.addAreasToList stops attempting to split an area in half
once its size is less than quite a few pixels at the zoom level.
Instead it passes a new flag to MapArea.split (or even a new routine)
3/ If this flag is set: have ArrayList of areas and usedSize.
estimate size of item to be added (with 1/). add to first area that it
will fit into. If none, create another.

This will also improve behaviour for low resolution (esp. overview)
maps where excess splitting takes place because it considers the data
usage at res 2. At the actual resolution, the number of points in a
shape/line might be vastly reduced.

Ticker