logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Want to make one map from individual maps with different details

From greg crago gregcrago at gmail.com on Fri Jan 13 01:34:09 GMT 2017

I noticed that Garmin City Navigator uses different thickness of linetype
as you zoom out.
I can create 2 different TYP files (filename.txt) to be used with my mkgmap
command and still use the same style files, but I do not know how to
combine these different maps and how to specify at what zoom levels each
map is to be visible.

Example:
 Zoom level 0-2 (detailed map with wide roads 'detailed.img')
Zoom level 3-5 (overview map with thinner lines and some features removed
'overview.img)

How exactly to I combine these 2 maps into one 'combo' map. I know the file
size will double

Do I use GmapTool?

Greg