logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New code for splitting polygon

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 7 18:14:45 GMT 2017

Hi Ticker,

sounds great. Please can you add some unit tests to show what it does with holes, points on the split line
and one or more line segments  on the split line?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 7. Januar 2017 18:36:31
An: mkgmap development
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] New code for splitting polygon

Hi Gerd

I've written some new code for splitting polygons in an efficient
manner. The main interface takes a shape and line of latitude or
longitude and returns 2 lists of shapes on either side of the line.
There is also a function to clip to rectangle.

I've put the code in util/ShapeSplitter but it could go elsewhere if
you prefer.

So far I've only converted build/MapArea to use it, but I think it can
be used throughout eventually. For the moment I've commented out the
old code in MapArea, but this can be deleted in a while.

Regards
Ticker