logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum resolution in polygons style

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Dec 23 10:05:23 GMT 2016

Hi Gerd

Although the simplification filters will change the size of polygons a
bit, depending on the resolution, this can't be significant within the
distortion error at that resolution. I think it would be perfectly
justifiable use the highPrecisionArea as a basis for increasing the
shape minResolution so that it is more than a point at that resolution
and obeys --polygon-size-limits.

Is this a lot more work? In StyledConverter.java:addShape we have the
polgon area just before it might get clobbered by mkgmap:drawLevel. If
skipSizeFilter is set it should	be left	alone, otherwise
just reduce minResolution here.

The size filter then seems to be redundant. However, after all the
MapBuilder filters have been run, something should chuck single point
areas and lines.

When --order-by-decreasing-area, there might be very small polygons
generated during the split process. I feel that they should be not be
deleted at this point in case the ShapeMergeFilter joins them to
another shape. If this doesn't happen they will get chucked later by
the output filter chain.

Best wishes
Ticker