logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r524 ready for merge into trunk

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 19 09:04:49 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I think r524 in the refactoring2 branch is ready for trunk.

Major changes compared to r476 in trunk:

- it is faster because it uses an additinal thread for the reader (as long as the max-threads option is not 1)

and some other optimizations, esp. in the o5m parser. I think 20% can be expected because of this.

- the limit in the area "dictionary" (65535) was removed, it is now  > 2.147.483.648 which should be enough for a long time ;-)

The change was possible due to optimizations in the map structures, the memory footprint is very close to r476, possibly

even smaller in most situations.

- the max-areas limit is now 9999, the default is now 2048 instead of 512.

- invalid options are no longer changed to default values. Splitter will stop instead.

- in some cases the split algorithm finds a better split (fewer tiles) for a given max-nodes value.

- fewer stdout messages about map contents

If I hear no problems I'll merge next monday. The link to the latest binary can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/splitter.html