logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap option product-version and gmapsupp format

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Sun Dec 18 19:29:36 GMT 2016

Steve,
following link regarding Header Information in gmapsupp.img seems to be
still valid:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/IMG_File_Format

At least using a hex editor to change Map's major version (Byte 0x08)
and minor version (Byte 0x09) did show me the expected result afterwards.

But it tells me also that setting product-version to 1612 will not work
at all.... I would have to set it to 16.12 with handling of that decimal
in the background (splitting it up into major and minor) as a prerequisite.
No idea what would be best to handle it, but it's probably worth a try ?

Cheers
Patrik