logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3730: Merge file-encoding branch

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Sun Dec 18 17:04:30 GMT 2016

Hi Steve, since including this change, my copyright file fails to be read.
This appears to be because it is now expected to be in utf-8 format - mine
is in ansii format.

I have rewritten my copyright file to be in utf-8 and it now works again,
however, the documentation does not say that it needs to be utf-8 and the
error message does not give the reason. I discovered the reason by looking
at the code. I suggest that this is less than ideal. Is there some reason
why an ansi formatted file (the default file encoding on Windows) can't be
handled? My license file is ansi and that loads ok.

Regards,
Mike