logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Adding the gmapi format.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Dec 14 22:03:47 GMT 2016

Hi

> I would prefer having the top directory named differently/choosable....
> why not using the basemap name ? or just a free choosable name ?

OK I thought this might merit some discussion.

The top level directory is currently controlled by --overview-mapname.
So it is the same as the basemap name.
It should, based on looking at what the Garmin MapConverter
does, use family-name instead.

The scripts/gmapi-builder.py script uses the product name, which would
not work in the case where there is more than one product in a family.
I don't know if anyone actually does that.

> And: to have another convincing reason: Official City Navigator Europe
> NTU 2016.30 is using the basename 'CNEuroNTU_2016_30' for the gmap
> folder and subcomponents.

What is the family name for that map?  It should be in the first
<Name> element in the Info.xml file.
Does it have spaces or underscores or is different altogether?

..Steve