logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap: problems with encoding file used with option --license-file

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Tue Dec 13 21:35:58 GMT 2016

Steve,
I guess I was definitely using the wrong version.... I was, instead of
pointing to mkgmap.jar, using hardcoded patched version with different
name in the same directory... sorry for that, was a bit too quick with
the tests.... with the good intention of providing quick feedback...

Latest Results (with the correct version now):
I was building unicode and cp1252 map and they look both allright
(license and copyright wise) when checking the gmap (created via
jmc_cli, not mkgmap) in Basecamp and gmapsupp (created with mkgmap) on
the device itself (checked Oregon 450t only, right now).
The gmapsupp version looks also good when connected to the PC and
checked via BaseCamp.
If I install the images directly via Registry it also looks perfect in
BaseCamp.

In short: All looks fine right now, I could not find/create/produce any
strange behaviours...

I have to clean up the map build environment a bit, as few changes where
implemented to prevent problems...
As soon as I have everything in shape again I'll do final tests on
Windows and Linux (just to make sure all is fine there also, allthough I
do not expect any new problems due to calling it always with UTF-8 env).

As it looks right now: I would guess, that you solved the issues.... great.
Many thanks...

I'll let you know latest test results in a few days.

Thanks and regards
Patrik