logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap: problems with encoding file used with option --license-file

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Mon Dec 12 21:28:59 GMT 2016

If I didn't do any local mistake then I still have a different behaviour
than you. Tested with r3725 from file-encoding branch:
Independant of building map with unicode (cp65001) or cp1252 I have
following result:

  * utf8 src file is shown properly via option --copyright-file in
    BaseCamp Windows
  * same utf8 file is shown scrambled (at least the special characters)
    via option --license-file in BaseCamp Windows

Here you see the output I get when having both --copyright-file and
--license-file activated and building a unicode map:

(c) Contour data: U.S. Geological Survey or J. de Ferranti (free for
research and private use)
(c) Map: FZK project äöüéèê (free for research and private use)
(c) Map: FZK project ᅢ내쌔태래땕 (free for research and private use)
(c) Map data: OSM contributors äöüéèê (ODbl)
(c) Map data: OSM contributors ᅢ내쌔태래땕 (ODbl)
(c) Contour data: U.S. Geological Survey or J. de Ferranti (free for
research and private use)
(c) Contour data: U.S. Geological Survey or J. de Ferranti (free for
research and private use)

I'll try to test more tomorrow and also confirm that I didn't do
anything wrong on my end.... If I have to perform further tests, just
let me know.

Cheers
Patrik