logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap: problems with encoding file used with option --license-file

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Dec 11 13:39:51 GMT 2016

I've started a branch for this as the problems I'm discovering are
increasing rapidly!

So in addition to the copyright and licence file issues that started
the thread, we also do not correctly deal with unicode in the TDB
file and the MPS file (inside a gmapsupp).

Some visible problems include:

* --series-name with unicode characters not displayed correctly for a
   unicode map.

* --area-name and unicode characters.

* --description with non-ascii characters can overflow the header
   and completely corrupt the map.  Eg try --description=Mẏ Ðésçriptioñ

Branch is called 'file-encoding' and you can download the latest build
from the branch build section of the mkgmap download page.

..Steve