logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap: problems with encoding file used with option --license-file

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Sun Dec 4 18:23:03 GMT 2016

Additional Info regarding the 'leaked' data from the map, just noticed:

Building a cp1252 map now shows also additional stuff in the BaseCamp
Copyright Dialog Box:
Centre de Conférence et de Congrès International (Salle municipale)

And I think I have the reason for 'leaking' map data into copyright
dialog box:
As written in the mkgmap description the first line of the file handed
over to copyright-file option is not shown on the device.
Clever as I am I've just put an empty line in front of the three needed
lines.... looks like this was not that clever, as it screws up the
process additionally.

But that, I would guess, a different construction area again, here the
facts so far:

  * If I have either only copyright-file or only license-file activated
    with the empty line, nothing bad happens.
  * This leaking happens only if have have the file starting with an
    empty line handed over to both options.
  * A single space instead of a complete empty line does also not help.
  * Rolling back one release to the one you've sent me yesterday helps,
    the leaked information is gone.
  * Rolling back to the version of the 26th Nov (first one with build nr
    3704) also does not create such data leak.

... just tried it out now with building cp1252 map as it happened here also.

Cheers
Patrik