logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Feature Request: mkgmap able to create gmap archive (BaseCamp)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Dec 3 22:26:19 GMT 2016

Hi

> I'm wondering if it would be possible that mkgmap is able to
> create/convert maps also in the gmap (gmapi) format used for BaseCamp on
> Windows and Macintosh.

Yes, this seems a reasonable thing to do.

In the mkgmap code base there is a python program called
gmapi-builder.py in the scripts directory.

See also https://bitbucket.org/berteun/gmapibuilder/overview
and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Gmapibuilder.

This is a converter, but should work on all platforms with python
installed, or could be made to do so...
The first step is to verify that it works; then it should
be easy enough to implement within mkgmap itself.

..Steve