logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distinction between smooth paved/rough paved/unpaved streets

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Fri Dec 2 15:41:17 GMT 2016

Alexandre Folle de Menezes <afmlistas at terra.com.br> writes:

> On 01/12/2016 11:35, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es> writes:
>>
>>> You can use something like this:
>>> highway=residential & (surface=concrete | surface=asphalt) [0x06
>>> road_class=X road_speed=Y resolution 22]
>>> highway=residential & (surface=sett | surface=paving_stones) [0x06
>>> road_class=A road_speed=B resolution 22]
>>> highway=residential [0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
>>> Try different X and Y values to fit your needs.
>>
>> I would also suggest to set a special speed for surface=sett/etc. and to
>> use the regular paved speed for roads that are either not marked with a
>> surface tag or have some unknown value.  Basically, assume it's ok
>> unless there is a specific tag you understand.

> Yes, my plan was to add "paved" with the first group.  How do I add
> unmarked roads?

There is a syntax for not having a tag, but I would also have that as
the last thing.

So I would just do:

highway=residential & (surface=sett | surface=paving_stones) [0x06  road_class=0 road_speed=X resolution 22]
highway=residential [0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]

and let things without a surface tag end up in the same category as
surface=asphalt.  Around me, most roads are asphalt and they rarely have
paved or surface tags.

Plus, there is processing for unpaved, and those rules result in
different values.  I'm not suggesting to change that.