logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r440 released

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 16 16:37:04 GMT 2016

Hi Alexandre,

okay, let's see what the users say about the test in r440.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Alexandre Loss <alexandre.loss at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. November 2016 13:19:53
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] splitter r440 released

Hi Gerd,

When I first started using Splitter, I experienced this overlapping tiles problem and can confirm that it causes routing problem at tile boundaries.
I agree with this test, but I have doubt whether the best solution would be to stop Splitter or simply issue a warning message.
In principle, I suggest that the test only generate a warning.

Alexandre

Hi all,

I've fixed a major bug in splitter which results in wrong output files when
you pass a --split-file which contains
overlapping areas. See also
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=splitter&rev=440

Splitter doesn't generate such a file, but one can create such a file in an
editor (intended or accidentially)

I am not sure what happens when you create a gmapsupp with overlapping
tiles, I'd expect problems with routing at the tile boundaries. So, I think
splitter should stop when overlaps between tiles with the same mapid prefix
are found, e.g. overlapping tiles 63240010 and 63240013 are not allowed,
while
overlapping tiles 12340001 and 43210001 would be considered okay.
I've not yet implemented this test, what do you think about it?