logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3702: sortAreas_v5.patch:Addoption--order-by-decreasing-area

From rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Sun Nov 13 19:04:04 GMT 2016

Yes, mkgmap:drawLevel is our Christmas wish this year!

Von: Alexandre Loss
Gesendet: Sonntag, 13. November 2016 12:49
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r3702: sortAreas_v5.patch:Addoption--order-by-decreasing-area

Hi Ticker,

I think that create mkgmap:drawLevel is a great idea!
This will give developers more autonomy to decide the order of the polygons on their maps.

Alexandre

I should have thought harder before replying last night. I imagine
these river-bank polygons are a mixture of sizes, sometimes divided up
at arbitary lines, hence they might be bigger or smaller that the
fairway and this explains result you get.

It's related to the way I handled sea where I give all sea polygons the
same, large, areaSize, overwriting the actual size of the arbitrary
polygons that make up the sea - this forces them to be output first and
other features drawn on top.

Keeping with the --order-by, in this case it would be better to force
fairway to be consider small, hence overwriting the river. At the
moment there is no way of doing this, but I was thinking about adding
something like mkgmap:drawLevel to be used like:

natural=sea
   {add mkgmap:skipSizeFilter=true; set mkgmap:drawLevel=9}
   [0x32 resolution 10]
seamark:type=fairway
   {name 'fairway'; set mkgmap:drawLevel=0}
   [0x10307 level 2]

where drawLevel takes a range of values from 0, being smaller than any
natural area to, say, 10 which is much larger than any natural area.
This would override the area value calculated from the polygon. Hence
allowing control of the output ordering.

In answer to some points earlier in the thread:

--order-by should work correctly on large area that cover multiple sub
-divisions and even on composite maps provided the splitter has
preserved the full polygons in all maps that it has been split into -
which I think it does.

I did intend the areaSize to be the size of each outer-polygon, without
subtracting the size of any inner polygons.

Ticker