logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3702: sortAreas_v5.patch: Addoption--order-by-decreasing-area

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Nov 13 09:21:05 GMT 2016

I still think the best solution would be cutting out smaller polygons from
larger - however we would need to define two categories in the polygons
style-file:
1. polygons that are used transparently in .typ (and will be given high
draworder anyhow) - these can be skipped. Also usually very small polygons
that you give high draworder (e.g. buildings) don't need to be cut out.
It's easier if they simply appear on top.
2. Other polygons which usually cover large areas - here overlapping
smaller polygons should be cut out.

Looking at area size of polygons of all polygons that fall under 2. will be
needed of course. But because of 1. we will save time as any polygon that
is flagged as belonging to 1. category can be skipped. Main problems are
anyhow forest, water, island and similar where people are too lazy to use
multipolygons.

Even though wrong tagging - looking at the layer tag if present to decide
which polygon should be cut out should still be done.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich