logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3702: sortAreas_v5.patch: Addoption--order-by-decreasing-area

From rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Sun Nov 13 00:36:00 GMT 2016

I know there is a built in draw order between some types. But I am sure that those extended types I use for depth areas have the same draw order.

A few years ago I did some testing and learned that I can influence which polygon is drawn on top by sorting the input. But this method only worked for types with the same built in draw order and it only worked for very small maps that fit in a single Garmin sub file.

Obviously trying to control draw order with the new order-by-decreasing-area option can only be successful among types with same built in draw order. But I expected it will function on maps covering multiple Garmin sub files. Unfortunately it does not.

Von: Ticker Berkin
Gesendet: Sonntag, 13. November 2016 00:12
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r3702: sortAreas_v5.patch: Addoption--order-by-decreasing-area

On my device I have to override the inbuilt _draworder, which gives a
higher priority to Ocean/Sea 0x32, to stop the sea areas hiding
everything - I just give polygon types 0x01 to 0x55 level 1 except for
background 0x4b which I give level 0. I don't have any extended types.

Is this on a device that doesn't support TYP/_draworder? Maybe it has
inbuild _draworder that can't be overridden or there is some subtlety
about what is shown.

Ticker Berkin