logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3702: sortAreas_v5.patch: Add option --order-by-decreasing-area

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Sat Nov 12 23:52:25 GMT 2016

This is a much higher increase in size than I was seeing; 14% rather
than around 3%. This might be due to lots of buildings being merged; I
suppress buildings in my style.

If you are happy with TYP/_draworder then use that. I didn't like the
idea of it at all.

Shape merging could be implemented in combination --order-by-decreasing
-area, but it would have to be done early in the process, probably
before style processing, so the area_size that governs the scheme is
well defined. It would have to be under the control of another option
because it can effect the final look of the map.

Ticker