logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Spurious points & Basecamp blank tiles

From Teemu Peltonen peltonen.teemu at gmail.com on Sat Nov 5 19:21:31 GMT 2016

Hi,

I have been creating Garmin map from Finnish national topographic
database and lately I updated the process to use mkgmap to convert OSM
PBF files to Garmin IMG. I have encountered a problem with Garmin PC
software showing blank tiles
(http://kartat.hylly.org/mkgmap/mkgmap2.png) and digging further i
discovered that there are extra points in IMG files on those tiles
http://kartat.hylly.org/mkgmap/mkgmap1.png. These points does not exist
in the source data (http://kartat.hylly.org/mkgmap/M431_osm.osm.pbf and
http://kartat.hylly.org/mkgmap/mkgmap3.png) nor are those Garmin types
referenced in any way in style files
(https://github.com/pailakka/mtk2garmin/tree/master/mtk2garmin_style).

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong, or any pointers which
way to look in mkgmap source is this happens to be some kind of bug in
mkgmap?

Best regards,

Teemu Peltonen