logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Large polygons and subdivisions

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Sep 9 16:06:28 BST 2016

Hi

I'm getting inconsistent displays in, for example, an area with woods
and a large sports area, also area of wetland with many lakes (not
expressed as outer/inner relation).

>From my reading of the code, the problem occurs where the larger
polygon crosses a subdivision boundary. It seems that its full area is
allocated to just 1 subdivision, even though it might span many.

In the subdivision to which the large area is allocated, it is drawn
first, then the small areas are drawn, overwriting nicely (because the
shapes in the subdivision have been sorted by decreasing size). But in
an adjacent subdivision the small areas are overwritten.

Shouldn't polygons be split on subdivision boundaries? I can't see any
code that does this.

Regards
Ticker Berkin