logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] mprove filters to reduce artifacts in shapes and unconnected ways at lower resolutions

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jul 30 15:56:16 BST 2016

Hi all,

see also http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Patch-v1-improve-filters-to-reduce-artifacts-in-shapes-at-lower-resolutions-tp5879264.html

here is the 2nd version of the patch.

Major differences to v1:

1) The start and end points of lines are marked as preserved

2) The Douglas-Peucker-Filter now recognizes "preserved" points in lines and shapes, not only shapes

The positive effect of this is that the connecting point of T junctions is preserved and therefore not

eliminated from either way.

The negative effect is a small increase in img size (~ 1%) because more points are kept

A binary is here:

http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/304/mkgmap.jar

If I hear no complains I'll commit this version on thursday.