logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve filters to reduce artifacts in shapes at lower resolutions

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jul 30 09:33:39 BST 2016

Hi Andrzej,

ahh, yes, the problem is that mkgmap ignores the preserved points here, see

I introduced that change in r2773 in the reduce_limits branch.

I am not sure why I did that, maybe I was more interested in img size than in line distortion or I did not

like the effect of preserved points in some cases. I'll try to find out...

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Juli 2016 21:33:34
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve filters to reduce artifacts in shapes at lower resolutions

Hi Gerd,

it is an old problem for me and I haven't looked at it for some time. I
have tested now and I see that layer 0 is correct regardless of routing
or not. But still no preservation of important points for upper layers,
I get roads like on attached picture - default style, no specific
options, layer 1 - 23 bits. Screenshot from GPSMapEdit.

Since you corrected upper layers for polygons, I hope you could easily
do the same for roads.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej