logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with routing on Etrek 20 with latest firmware

From ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com on Thu Jul 28 20:25:32 BST 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:29:07AM -0700, nwillink wrote:
> 2) "Route calculation error";
>
> 3) "The route does not match the available maps. Cannot follow the roads
> precisely. Do you want to recalculate the the route?" Choosing [Yes]
> gives "Route calculation error. Maps do not have routable roads in this
> area."
>
> I ALWAYS  get this on my Oregon 450 and GPS64 when I have updated my map.
>
> ie
>
> 1) I have previously routed from A to B using map M1
> 2) I update my gmapsupp to map M2
> 3) I switch on and select Recent Finds (or something like that) and click on
> the route which I created with map M1
>
> I narrowed down the problem to the fact that map M1 and M2 have different
> map IDs and for reasons unknown but time will tell routes are linked to a
> specific map.

Ah. Interesting. I update my maps regularly and have not seen these
problems before. I suppose that if the new firmware is somehow caching
some aspects of an older calculation, that might explain the behaviour.
Nevertheless, I don't think this is likely on this Etrek 20, especially
since I have tried on many routes including those not previously
calculated. And I am not saving these routes which is what you seem to
be describing. But I will experiment and report back any improvement.

Thank you so much for the suggestions.

ael