logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option to output polygons in size order

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Jul 27 12:24:37 BST 2016

On 27 July 2016 at 09:29, Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> reg. the idea of "cutting out overlaps": I guess it would consume quite a
> lot of CPU and it would heavily increase the img size
>
> because we would have to write many more points. Think of a shape for
> "place=village" with hundreds of holes for each building
>
> shape. Up to now we save the shape for the village and the shapes for the
> buildings. With cutting we have to calculate what
>
> remains of the village shape, this would be a very complex shape with many
> holes, so it would have many points.
>
> I don't think that would be a good idea.

Well that's why I wrote we will need an additional file in the style-file
for this. So only for certain polygons this should be done.
Prime examples are: any kind of forest, most kind of water, and maybe a
handful more. However definitely not buildings or for example poygons you
can put semi-transparent.

I'm quite sure with this limited approach 90% of problems would be gone.
And mapsize only a couple percent bigger. However I have no clue about
complexity and CPU cycles for such a limited approach.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich