logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option to output polygons in size order

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jul 25 09:24:30 BST 2016

I was curious and coded the sort. The result was a bit surprising, because the change of the order

has an effect on the shapes. This is of course not wanted, the reason is that we set some

flags on point objects which are shared by different shapes, depending on the order sometimes

a flag is set by a previously processed shape. I think this is a bug and should be corrected first.

I am not yet sure how, I think I tried to solve this problem before without success.

For the experts: I am talking about the "preserved" flag which tells the Douglas-Peucker filter and

other line simplification filters to keep a point. It is used for special nodes on roads and for shapes to

"preserve horizontal and vertical lines" which are on the boundary of the shape.

So, the flag is very important for routing and has an effect on shapes to avoid

holes (e.g. white areas in the sea).

I guess it would be better to use two different flags for the shapes and the routing nodes.

Gerd