logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3678 and overview map problems

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jul 16 14:07:42 BST 2016

Hi Thomas,

I thought about this a bit more and I think the patch is too complex and on the other hand does not catch all possible cases.

The real problem here is that we cannot store the tile size (0x4a) info for a rather large tile in an overview

map (ov) that has a rather high resolution , e.g. 20.

I now think mkgmap should 1st find the largest tile that has to be stored in the overview map,

the dimensions of this tile determine the highest possible resolution.

This should be done even when ovm_*.img files are found and those tiles contain conflicting

resolution levels (taken from the overview-levels option).

I've coded this different approach in the attached patch, a new binary is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/300/mkgmap.jar

This patch no longer requires an extra read of the input files nor the overview-levels option,
so I think it is the better solution

Gerd