logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] make the gmapsupp visible/invisible in Basecamp

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jul 8 07:59:37 BST 2016

Hi all,

Steve Ratcliffe wrote
>> I guess we can change mkgmap to set the corresponding bit,
>>
>> maybe someone can point me to the right place ?
>
> It is the bottom bit in the image header at ImgHeader.OFF_SUPP
> See the change at r2306.

so we already know the bit to change, I checked the code and I think
we can add an option to change it without much code.

If I got that right, the bit doesn't exactly mean "hide gmapsupp in
Basecamp"
but more something like "treat img file as installed on the PC"

So I wonder what the option name should be.
And should mkgmap only set the bit when the file is a gmapsupp.img ?
I think yes, so my suggested option name  + description would be
--hide-gmapsupp-on-pc
  Set a bit in the gmapsupp.img that tells PC software that the file is
already installed on the PC
  and therefore there is no need to read it from the device.

Any better suggestions?