logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in mkgmap r-3676, wrong preview generation

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jul 1 09:57:00 BST 2016

Hi,

I am back from a nice cycle trip to Sicilia. I did not yet investigate the problem in detail,
but I can for sure say that I did not think about this situation when I wrote the code for the
overview map creation.
If nobody claims that mkgmap should support this I would also prefer to print an error
message and stop processing.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 18. Juni 2016 18:19
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Error in mkgmap r-3676, wrong preview generation

Hi

An update on the problem.

The contour line tiles have the levels 0:24,1:23,2:22,3:20,4:18
whereas the content tiles have levels of 0:24,1:22,2:20,3:18,4:16,5:15

The first tile encountered determines the levels in the overview map
and so the overview maps are different.  It is surely a bug that the
map outlines are wrong and so I will look at this next.

However I am not sure what the full solution is though as there are
other noticable problems, as the overview map is going to be wrong for
one set of tiles whatever is done.  Perhaps mixing tiles with
different levels should not be allowed?

..Steve