logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Has anyone added a USA TIMEZONE overlay ontop of their custom maps?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jun 7 10:27:17 BST 2016

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 12:18:21PM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:timezone seems to agree with my
>reasoning above. It also refers to a changeset that introduced time
>zones for the Australian states. However, all those modified objects
>have since then been removed, and the new Australian state relations do
>not seem to include timezone=*.

Sorry, I was looking at a way, not at relations. At least
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2316595 (name=Queensland) is
tagged with timezone=Australia/Brisbane.

>There is also an algorithmic problem of extracting boundaries of tagged
>areas. Even if all the administrative areas are tagged with timezone=*,
>we would want to derive the boundaries, so that only those
>administrative boundaries that also represent a time zone boundary
>(with different values on each side) will be displayed.

Maybe the mkgmap bounds.zip could be extended with this information?

Best regards,

	Marko