logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Land flooded

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 11 08:58:40 BST 2016

Hi Gary,

not sure what you mean with "when I use the text file output" here. The device needs the *.typ format, it

doesn't understand the text file format. Or do you mean that you feed mkgmap with the text file format

and the resulting *.typ file doesn't work ?

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gary Bamford <garybamford at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2016 09:51
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Land flooded

Hi Gerd.

Thanks for the information. The problem gets a little stranger, I use a software package called TYPViewer ( v4.5.35 ) to edit the type files, it has two outputs, one produces a typ file the other produces a txt file. If I use the typ file output I get the map I expect ( without having to specify --transparent or --generate-sea=land-tag=natural=background ) the sea is where it should be, if I use the text file output from TYPViewer then I have problems.

Lessen to learn, use the typ file output.

Regards

Gary