logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about the overview map

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Tue Apr 19 13:49:19 BST 2016

popej wrote
> have you enabled base map in GPS? It should be item like "Worldwide DEM
> Basemap" in menu of your GPS.

Hi Andrzej,

No I do not have the Basemap enabled, anyway it's really old.
Maybe it would show up in the blank spaces, maybe not.
But even if I enable the GARMIN Basemap my OSM map will still not perform
well in these extreme Zoom Levels.
It slows down reactiveness of my device and almost crashes the system trying
to render the OSM map in 120km Zoom.

I think that best practice is to avoid these Zoom Levels.

Ciao,
  Franco