logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 12 13:49:54 BST 2016

Hi Andrzej,

okay, I can reproduce your results now, and I think the hints also explain
the difference between the three types. I'll look at it again during the next days,
maybe I can understand why the Garmin format is so complex.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. April 2016 12:42
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

Hi Gerd,

something is wrong with routing in my examples, car routing doesn't work
but pedestrian still does. So please try with pedestrian.

I have created 4 mapsets for Mapsource, see attached file. Unpack it and
run "Install.bat" inside each subdirectory, then you will get map in
Mapsorce and Basecamp. "Uninstall.bat" will remove them.

When I create simple pedestrian route with right-turn from main road, I
get following directions in Mapsource:
no sign: "Exit right onto ramp"
towards: "Take ramp to the right towards 933 Wodzislaw Sl."
exit:    "Take exit 933 Wodzislaw Sl. to the right"
onto:    "Take the 933 Wodzislaw Sl. ramp to the right"

Hope this helps. If you need more real examples, I will search for sings
on UMP map.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej