logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Apr 8 17:24:51 BST 2016

Hi Andrzej,

thanks for the infos, I try to store that post so that I can find it again later ;-)
I've already used an older version of the Poland map,
but I was not yet able to find out how the road sign data is displayed in Mapsource.
I assume that I should see the info when I create a route along  roads with
such a road sign, but my understanding of the format is not yet good enough
to find out where such a route should be. Do you also have a hint for that?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. April 2016 14:25
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

Hi Gerd,

you mean to install any img for Mapsource and BaseCamp?

Any full mapset, like the one created by mkgmap, can be easy installed
with MapSetTool:
https://sites.google.com/site/cypherman1/

In this case only click at button "Install" and fill provided form
starting from tdb. Ignore other buttons and forms on main window.

If you got only img, then it is a bit more complicated. First you can
try to see map in BaseCamp, it will read any img from removable drive
like pendrive. Img should be saved in folder \Garmin. The catch is that
you should prepare img header, which can be done with GMapTool, see info:
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/map-visible-basecamp

I think img created by mkgmap already have correct header for BaseCamp.

Finally you can create a mapset from img. This can be done with GMapTool
too:
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/install-map-mapsource

Sometimes GMapTool can't guess all info and you need to provide mapset
name and FID in the same form as on info above. GMapTool creates empty
preview map, which have to be compiled, GMapTool uses cgpsmapper for
this purpose. GMapTool creats batches for installing map in registry,
alternatively you can do it with MapsSetToolKit.

If you need a map with road signs for test, try this one:
http://ump.waw.pl/update/48000009.zip

--
Best regards,
Andrzej