logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap creates bad mapset, when input files aren't sorted

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Mar 16 13:33:28 GMT 2016

Hi Andrzej

> Sorting arguments could be a good trick to bypass the problem. After
> finding the reason I have added sorting to my scripts and now it works OK.

I've created a patch (attached) that does the sorting.  It will need
some testing.

I removed all the old code that attempted to fix up the sections after
they had been created.  It does seem that it was that code that caused
the map source crashes.

Jar file at: http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/294/mkgmap.jar

> Differences in img files worry me a bit too. I can't see any negative
> consequences but it looks like compilation is state dependent, maybe
> some variables are not cleared at the start of new img?

This is harmless, files can always be different unless you give the
--preserve-element-order option.  A quick test shows no differences
for me if that option is given.

Cheers,
..Steve