logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r433 released

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Mar 14 15:47:25 GMT 2016

Hi Micheal,

I guess you did not specify the file as an option
use something like java -jar splitter.jar --polygon-file=mapborder_V2.poly [other options]   xyz.osm.pbf

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Michael Schlenstedt <schlenn at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 14. März 2016 16:43
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] splitter r433 released

Hi Gerd,

until now I always used osmosis to cut of the bounding area. Now I would like
to test splitter (I expect better results), but spliiter complained that the
polygon file is not a valid OSM XML file:

uk.me.parabola.splitter.SplitFailedException: ERROR: file mapborder_V2.poly is
not a valid OSM XML file

But splitter's documentation says it should be in Osmosis Polygon Filter File
Format (which isn't OSM XML format, please see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Polygon_Filter_File_Format).

Which ist the right format fpr splitter? And if it should be in OSM XML
format, should it be tagged as area, polygon or something else?

Thanks,
Michael