logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] SPEED LIMIT

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Wed Mar 9 18:08:20 GMT 2016

Hi Greg,

I think I have posted my solution for speed limits here.
It is not showing an extra Speed icon but it shows the maxspeed as part of the highway ref in the routing information.

highway=* & ref=*      { addlabel '${ref} (${maxspeed} km/h)'     | '${ref}' }

From: greg crago
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 4:59 AM
To: David Swarthout ; Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Should we have a ADVANCED_DEFAULT Style?

I am trying to get custom ICONS to work with POI searches. Not quite there yet. If I could look at an ADVANCED 'combination' style, I could see how a working version of this feature is written and either copy that section and paste it into mine, or just use the ADVANCED STYLE and comment out the tree and milestone part. However, I might like your milestone addition and want to add it to my maps. If I never saw anyone using milestones, I would have never thought to add the feature to my maps.

I suspect that may of us are using 1-way arrows?, Bicycle lanes? Bridges?

I am still looking for SPEED LIMITS (but I am told that is not possible)
Still looking for multi-symbol highway labels (like I-94, US-12 and M-106) all on the same road. Right know I have to use one common symbol and get I-94,US-12,M-106 even though they should be 3 sepatate symbols.
Someone might have these features working, and we could all benefit from sharing those ideas.

Gre