logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Should we have a ADVANCED_DEFAULT Style?

From greg crago gregcrago at gmail.com on Tue Mar 8 02:13:22 GMT 2016

I see many good questions about advanced mapping techniques and I am trying
to incorporate these ideas into my maps.

I was wondering if we could combine these ideas into a ADVANCED_DEFAULT
style?

I do not know if everyone wants to keep their own mapping styles secret,
but I have added to the default_style and do not mind sharing my own
additions.

That way new mappers can analyze this code and get up to speed faster and
maybe be able to add more ideas to the community.

If you do not like a feature, you can always remove that piece of code.

My goal is to try to use mkgmap to map maps that look like Garmin City
Navigator.

So far I have added custom POI symbols for brand specific businesses (fuel,
fast food, resturants)

Added 1 way arrows
Added Bridges over ways
Added Bicycle lanes.