logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with splitter and bounding polygon

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Mar 5 22:09:32 GMT 2016

Hi Andrzej,

I think I understand now what the problem is,
and I also think that the high resolution is making it worse.
The current algo in fact ignores node counts outside the polygon,
the higher the resolution the smaller the grid areas and the more
data outside the polygon is ignored.
I don't yet have a solution, I just know that the current approach is not okay.

Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Samstag, 5. März 2016 20:23
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] problem with splitter and bounding polygon

Hi Gerd,

I observe the same problem using standard extract of North America
http://download.geofabrik.de/north-america-latest.osm.pbf

I have packed my batches and splitter output (densities, areas) into an
archive:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/292/split-poly2.7z

I have used splitter r428 and mkgmap 3669.

I hope you can repeat it with current extract, it shouldn't be much
different. I got some tiles with size like 30-60MB, 2 of them didn't
compile with mkgmap. Average size of tiles was about 12MB.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej