logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem uploading data to JOSM wit 20 hour old OSM data, maybe a SPLIITTER issue?

From greg crago gregcrago at gmail.com on Sun Feb 28 14:42:02 GMT 2016

I have thousands of map errors I have collected on my GPS from ground
observations. I just have not had time to upload them to OSM. I do not have
Internet access all the time.

Downloading many states and then breaking them up using a 'splitter-type'
program, gives me the flexibility to edit sections of the country I want to.

I thought UPLOAD conflicts only occur when objects I HAVE MODIFIED,
conflict with objects in the OSM database that have been modified since I
download MY VERSION. If I have large areas of 'outdated' OSM data, that I
do not modify, I should not have any problems when I upload, since I am not
sending that 'untouched' data back to OSM, correct?

I thought this was a viable 'offline' solution. I do not know how to filter
overpass to download state-by-state regions. GEOFABRIK has already done
this, if SPLITTER kept the version dataset information., I could use it.

Greg