logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem uploading data to JOSM wit 20 hour old OSM data, maybe a SPLIITTER issue?

From greg crago gregcrago at gmail.com on Sat Feb 27 15:39:02 GMT 2016

I downloaded .a mapset (michigan-latest.osm.pbf) from
http://download.geofabrik.de/north-america.html yesterday. The data is
about 20 hours old.

I had to use SPLITTER r428 with this command:

java -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -ea -jar \MKGMAP\splitter-r428\splitter.jar
--max-nodes=1400000 --mapid="12390000"
--geonames-file=\MKGMAP\cities15000.zip --description=MI-greg
--max-areas="255" --no-trim --status-freq="600" michigan-latest.osm.pbf

Since I could not load the entire Michigan 96MB file into JOSM r9329. The
resulting file, 12390006.osm.pbf, is 10.8MB and I imported it into JOSM and
copied a NODES tags to an underlying POLYGON and deleted the NODE and tried
to upload to the OSM server and got this error message:

"Uploading failed because the server has a newer version of one of your
nodes, ways, or relations. Click Synchronize entire dataset to synchronize
the entire local dataset with the server"

It is possible that SPLITTER r428 is not preserving the dataset versions or
is setting them all to 1 when they really have different versions (eg.
2,3,4)

Greg