logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] when I use SPLITTER to IMPORT om.pbf files into JOSM I get error

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 25 22:46:18 GMT 2016

Gerd Petermann wrote
> Hi Greg.
>

> You can use osmconvert which should be able to read the output of
> splitter, e.g.
>
> osmconvert 12360002.osm.pbf -o=12360002-josm.osm.pbf

Sorry, was too quick.
You probably need option --fake-version for osmconvert:
osmconvert  --fake-version 12360002.osm.pbf -o=12360002-josm.osm.pbf

I think that's the reason for the problem: JOSM doesn't like input
in pbf format that doesn't have the meta info (version, author etc)

I never cared about that because I use o5m format and an o5m plugin that
I wrote once for JOSM. It is not in the plugins repo, but I may try again to
add
it there.

A 3rd alternative is to use --output=xml in splitter, the files in that
format are
no problem in JOSM, but may decrease performance in splitter and mkgmap.