logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Key "motorcar"

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Sun Feb 21 01:33:13 GMT 2016

Since this topic has been raised I checked my style files and can find many
uses of the word "motorcar" in various access rules. But that brings up the
question of how the term "motor_vehicle" relates to it.

I had assumed the definition of motor_vehicle would include all powered
vehicles: cars, trucks, hgv, motorcycles, etc.
while motorcar refers to only passenger cars. But that isn't clear in the
"access" style file.

I ask because I am confused by line 29, where it seems my assumption is
reversed because the value for motor_vehicle is being transferred to the
motorcar tag :

Line 29: motor_vehicle=*      { add motorcar='${motor_vehicle}'; add
goods='${motor_vehicle}'; add hgv='${motor_vehicle}'; add
psv='${motor_vehicle}'; add emergency='${motor_vehicle}'; }

And also this comment:

Line 46: # Therefore we have to choose one vehicle type - and the winner
is: motorcar

After which access is set for a range of situations all involving the term
"motorcar"

Can someone take a few minutes to explain these rules?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Jakob Mühldorfer <mail at jmuehldorfer.de>
wrote:

> Found out rules are in place.
> I will examine the case and report back, if it indeed routes over this one
> track with motorcar=no
>

> Am 20.02.2016 um 21:45 schrieb Jakob Mühldorfer:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> question: what is happening with a "motorcar=*" key at the moment?
>> My Garmin wanted to send me over a track with "motorcar=no", is that the
>> Garmin's fault or the mapdata's fault?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jakob

Dave Swarthout