logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House number search - inaccuracy in city assignment

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sun Feb 7 11:59:39 GMT 2016

On Sun, Feb 07, Steffen Neumann wrote:

> Morning everybody,
>
> playing around with my Garmin Nuvi I came across a problem with the
> house number search.
>
> The location is:
> Germany, Ottobrunn, Ottostrasse 132
> +48.064630, +11.689558
>
> The Nuvi shows the address as:
> Ottostrasse 132, Hohenbrunn (so the city is Hohenbrunn here)
>
> But in OSM the house is tagged as:
> Ottostrasse 132, Ottobrunn (different city compared to Nuvi)
>
> So either the Garmin pulled the wrong city out of the house number
> information or mkgmap put the wrong info in.

Not sure if there is a bug in mkgmap or not, but the data in
OSM is clearly not Ok. The address exits twice at the same place:
once with addr:city=Ottobrunn, once with addr:city=Hohenbrunn.
So maybe mkgmap creates both address records and you only looked
at the wrong one?
Since everything except this single address is tagged with
addr:city=Hohenbrunn and the house is inside of the address
boundary of Hohenbrunn, so the addr:city=Ottobrunn looks wrong to me.

Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)