logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Create different Maps with working routing betweenthem - is it possible?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Jan 25 23:09:25 GMT 2016

Hi Walter,

 > since Garmin does not support Unicode,
 > I have to use at least different codepages for Europe.

I use CP1252 for Europe and English/international names whenever
possible. I think it is the best compromise, especially because some
devices do not support required code pages, like for example there is no
support for CP1250 on Edge.

Multiple code pages would require multiple maps with separate indexes.
To get correct routing between multiple separate maps, each map should
have external routing nodes on boundaries. These nodes should be at the
same position on adjacent maps. I guess mkgmap has no support for that
kind of nodes on irregular country extracts.

Proposed suggestion could be to force external routnig nodes on every
road at crossing of administrative boundary.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej