logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with little ram?

From Arndt arndt at speichenkarte.de on Sat Jan 23 21:25:28 GMT 2016

Hello together,

mkgmap needs a lot of RAM to build the index for the adress search.  Also for
the gmapsupp.
My computer has 4 GB and it´s not possible to build the index for a germany map.
It works, when i not use the "x-split-name-index" Option. But I want to use
this.
The map has 2,21GB (only the mapfiles)
The Computer from my son has 12 GB. This machine has no problem with germany,
but failed, when it builds the index for an europe map (12,1GB).

Is it possible to change the index-build process so, that also a little computer
is able to build the index?

By the wy, the x-split-name-index works fine by street names. Is it possible,
that it also works by town-names?

Best regards
Arndt